April 25, 2012

Catching Up

It's been a while, but here's a brief update.

Last week I took off from my day job for my birthday vacation, which was basically a week. Setup a lot of shoots which ended up flaking out sadly, but oh well. That's the nature of the game!

Friday night was cool, my friends threw a dinner get-together, so that was nice! Afterwards we went out clubbing.

Saturday I was shooting burlesque photos for "At Last: The Blues & Burlesque of Etta James." Great show! Lovely ladies, and a nice crowd! Sadly the night went from bad to worse afterwards. When I left Arlene's Grocery, where the show was held, it was pouring rain, and to make matters worse, I received a parking ticket. Apparently the spot I chose turned into a No Standing area after 11pm, not that one could tell with the seven parking signs indicating everything but that :/

I took off to do some nightclub photography at Stimulate at the venue, Drom, which I despise BTW. I just find the layout of the venue horrendous, aside from it's high ceilings, which I appreciate at least. Anywho that became a negatory, as I damaged my flash unit once I got inside... So yeah, there went my night.

Sunday I travelled into New Jersey to do some photo shoots at Studio 212, but unfortunately three of the models flaked out, but luckily one of my friends was available last-minute, so at least I got an extra person to shoot.

Anywho, enough complaining, ranting, and what-not! Here's some preview photos from the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment